Happy New Year to all our friends and family! I can't believe it's already been a decade since 2000 when we were all worried about Y2K. John and I decided to be an old married couple and stay in for New Years Eve....we actually were in bed at 9pm! lol...I know how sad right? =) But we did wake up at midnight when all the fireworks were going off and wished each other a Happy New Year!
2009 was a pretty decent year overall. I did get laid-off, but in the process had a FANTASTIC 7 months off! Traveled to Italy, Greece, and Japan, had awesome summer weather, started volunteering at the Everett Animal Shelter, did lots of reading, spent more time with Stitch and started cooking a lot more. John definitely loved the last one! But the year ended pretty great because I got a new job! Working as a HR Coordinator for WildTangent! I worked a few days and had Christmas through the New Year off and back to work in 2 more days. Whoo Hoo!
John's been working a ton of overtime because he's trying to save up for an NSX. We now have 4 cars between the two of us, 3 of which I don't even drive. I insist that he gets rid of at least 1 car before he gets another...we'll see if he listens or not. Each car seems to have some darn sentimental value to him that he can't part with. He's also really into photography as well. I bought him the 6 million dollar Crumpler and a speed light for xmas...and he bought himself another lens...I'd say no more extra camera gear for a while, what do you think? Boy my hubby has some pretty expensive hobbies!
I think my New Years resolution...or one of them, is to update our blog more often. I totally slacked off for the past year because I was just plain lazy and I also forgot our log-in information. =) Let's hope this resolution sticks for more than a few weeks.
Here are some random photos from this past year (no particular order).
Stitch helping himself to bean sprouts.
Picking out our pumpkins from The Farm in Snohomish
No comments:
Post a Comment