For all of you who don't know...Stitch is the love of our life but is a terror when it comes to other pets, especially other dogs. He hates them with a vengeance and can't stand to be anywhere near
them. He's just an old man who wants to be left alone.
Well I decided to take him for the very first time ever to a dog park and thought that it would be a once in a lifetime experience because he would growl and bark at every passing dog and I would get dirty looks from everyone and leave because I was so embarrassed. I don't know what possessed this little monster but he was an ANGEL the entire time! A few low growls here and there when some dogs came at him too fast or kept wanting to play with him but other than that he was SOOO good!!!
For the first time in my life, I wasn't the embarrassed owner with the small yappy dog! There were times where I just walked way ahead of him and he never once wandered off! Poor John missed this amazing moment in his kid's life. Joey was actually pretty scared of all the other dogs and had his tail inbetween his legs the entire time. He did some sniffing but got really frantic and tried to hide if too many dogs came at him. Poor Kid. He would hide at anyone's feet the minute he got scared. We're going to try and go as often as possible so that these 2 can get used to it.
I think he's trying to kill him with love!!!
Amazing or what?
Joey was pretty curious but wanted to approach and not really be approached for the most part.
1 comment:
ah, how freakin cute is that.. wish Stanley would play nice too.. he'd have such a blast. He wants so desperately to have doggie freinds..hehe.
Post a Comment